About Cape Town
Cape Town Weather Forecast
Cape Town is widely described as one of the world’s most beautiful cities. Nestling in a natural bowl between the vast Atlantic Ocean and the city’s picturesque Table Mountain, Cape Town is a combination of historical coastal charm and urbane sophistication.
Some of its more famous landmarks include Table Mountain, Robben Island (where former president Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for decades), Cape Point, Chapman’s Peak, Kirstenbosch Gardens, and the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. Unique architecture, a charming inner city vibe and lively nightlife, coupled with a fascinating mix of Cape Malay, African and other cultures, add to the city’s unique, alluring appeal.
With a distinct flavour of its own, affected in no small part by the cultural melting pot of Indonesian, French, Dutch, British and German settlers who each indelibly stamped their mark upon the foundations of the city, Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world today.
The inner city is an eclectic mix of architectural styles that combine the past with the present in a mishmash of high-rise office blocks, Edwardian and Victorian buildings and narrow, cobblestone streets that give rise to fine examples of Cape Dutch design. It is also home to a blend of corporate and independent business that lends it a striking aliveness, particularly at lunch time when the streets spill over with a combination of lunch time diners and consequent entertainers and market stalls.
|Today ||Sunday ||Monday ||Tuesday |
Chance of Rain19°/11°
Top Attractions in Cape Town
- Table Mountain is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the world
- Scenic beaches at Camp’s Bay, Clifton and Bloubergstrand
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – one of the most famous botanical gardens
- The V&A Waterfront is a world-class shopping and entertainment complex
- Breathtaking Chapman’s Peak drive along the rocky cliffs overlooking the ocean
- Cape Point – where two oceans meet
- Wine farms of Stellenbosch and Paarl
- World-class surfing
- Insightful township tours